Monday, July 20, 2009

On the road again...

Well, we made another trip up to Santa Claus, IN this weekend. The boys were really excited about getting to go to the water park again. I was excited about getting another opportunity to ride some roller coasters! Clarence and I have now ridden all of the roller coasters at Holiday World - the Raven, the Legend and the Voyage! I have to say, the Voyage is still my favorite! Nana and I rode Pilgrim's plunge again, and I actually kept my eyes open all the way to the top this time (a feat not previously accomplished!). Nana accomplished her goal of keeping her arms raised all the way to the bottom. We both overcame our Pilgrim's Plunge fears! The sissy men wouldn't even get on it with us! :) It's a good thing we rode it when we did though, because a little while later there was a boat stuck at the top of Pilgrim's Plunge. I'm not sure how long it took to get those people down... YIKES! We had a great time seeing more of Clarence's family. There were several cousins to hang out and ride rides with; it was great! The children were the only ones who did not seem to be phased by the cool weather. My boys still had a great time on the water slides despite the fact it was only about 70 degrees! Brrr. I wanted to get in the lazy river, but I couldn't find any takers to go with me... We spent the whole day there, arriving at 8:45 am and leaving at 9:00 pm. It was one long day, but definitely worth it! Here are some pictures from our day.

For some reason, my boys won't pose with Santa. So here's Devin, Jaylen, Noah and Donevyn

Devin and Alex

Noah and Donevyn

Jaylen and Nana

Isaac

Alex

Devin conked out after lunch

Jaylen and Isaac getting ready to ride a big water slide

Poor Bryce didn't feel well

Pops being silly

Precious Lilly celebrated her first birthday at Holiday World

Isaac, Melissa, Noah and Cassie

Nana and Bryce - ice cream makes everything better

No comments: