Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#1 For Family Fun!!

Last week we had the privilege of going to Holiday World again.  Clarence's Dad and Stepmom invited the boys, Clarence and I to go camping with them and to the parks: Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.  We left after work last Wednesday and arrived in Santa Claus, Indiana around 8:30.  Thursday and Friday we spent the whole day at Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.  This was the first year the older cousins got to ride all of the rides and roam the park without an adult.  I would have been nervous, but these three boys stuck together and looked out for each other.  In total, there were 4 adults and 6 boys.  Yep, 6 boys: two 8 year olds, one 7 year old (8 in September), two 5 year olds and one 3 year old (4 in September).  The three older boys rode almost everything in the parks at least once.  Isaac really surprised me with his sense of adventure.  He rode Pilgrim's Plunge with his cousins, and then he and I with his cousins rode the Voyage.  Both of these rides are pretty scary, but fun!  Isaac wasn't sure that he wanted to ride the Voyage.  It is one of the fastest and roughest roller coasters I know of.  We stood in line, and when we got up to being next in line to get on the coaster, he said, "I don't know if I want to ride this."  I told him it would be scary at first, but then he would love it.  And, he did!  After it was over, he said, "It's scary, but it's fun!"  That's my boy!  I am looking forward to riding many more roller coasters with him!  Alex will be there right along with us when he gets old enough, because he was sad he couldn't ride the roller coasters yet.  There was one roller coaster at Holidog's Playground that was small enough for him to ride, and he rode it 4 times while we were there.  He also rode the smaller version of the Liberty Launch which takes you straight up in the air and then drops you a few times.  He loved it!  I see lots of theme park visits in our future!

Until our next trip, here are some pictures from our adventures at Holiday World, where "We're #1 for Family Fun!"  Must have heard that 100 times....

Nana and Pops rented a golf cart while we were at the camp grounds.  It was very handy to transport the boys to the playground.

Nana with her boys: Alex wouldn't look at the camera, Isaac is holding him, Jaylen is next to Isaac, Nana is holding Camden, next to Camden are Devin and Donevyn

Alex and I on the back of the golf cart

at the playground

on the slide at the playground

Devin - 5 years old

Alex - 5 years old
Camden - 3 years old



Jaylen - 8 years old
Donevyn - 7 years old (almost 8)
Isaac - 8 years old

Sitting by the camp fire

just a little wet :)



yep, they got wet too

Alex on the ride like the smaller version of the Liberty Launch
Jaylen on the Salmon ride
The Turkey Twister... or something like that...  The kind of ride that makes your stomach turn!

This trip, I guess, would be considered our only real vacation of the summer.  The boys start school on Thursday.  We went to the Preview Night at school tonight to meet Isaac and Alex's teachers.  I am still trying to get used to the idea of both of my boys being in real school.  I have a Kindergartener and a 3rd grader.  What!?  This should be an interesting year.  I heard Isaac's teacher telling another parent that 3rd grade can be quite a transitional year.  I hope Isaac continues to do well and takes the challenge head-on.  Of course, his Daddy and I will be here to encourage him and help him along the way.  It could be one long school year.  We shall see!  Clarence also started school tonight.  He started with University of Phoenix to earn the rest of the credits he needs for his Bachelor's degree.  I am beyond words proud of him for going back to school.  He is such a great example for our boys!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Jennie,

I love the pictures!! It sounds as if the entire family had a great time. I am so glad the boys have so many cousins. The closeness of the is so special and sweet. Josh has only one cousin and he is 16 years older than him.

The boys will be fine in school this year. I remember when Josh was in the 3rd grade...it was the year that the he started having projects to do....or as Josh called them "busy work"!!

Enjoy the times that you have to spend with the boys...you will blink and they will be like Josh starting their Senior year in college.

Love,
Denise