Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

This past Sunday was my 32nd birthday!  On Saturday, Clarence and his mother went Christmas shopping, and I stayed home with the boys.  When Clarence got home, he gave me my birthday presents, and in true Clarence fashion, he went ahead and gave me my Christmas present too! :)  For my birthday, he got me a couple of the dvds I asked for: Mr. Poppers Penguins and The Help, and for Christmas, he got me a camera that we had been looking at for a few months.  After I opened my new camera and took a few pictures, we went to Red Robin for dinner.  When we came back home, we watched Mr. Poppers Penguins and The Smurfs.  Both of them were really cute.  However, I'll have to watch The Smurfs again because I got distracted playing with my new camera and missed parts of it.

playing with my new camera

stylin'


my children never fail to have a dirty face in a picture

before dinner

watching The Smurfs

watching The Smurfs and playing the DS

Willy Wonka
On Sunday we went to my parents' house.  After I took a few pictures we went to have a late lunch at Logan's.  I had originally wanted to go to Margaritaville, but I decided against it since you have to pay to park downtown.  After lunch we went back to their house and I opened my presents and we all had cake and ice cream.

my parents

momma with her grandsons

Peanut, my parents' dog, and Willy's sister

my 2nd birthday cake from Publix, Clarence got me one too on Saturday :)

Tonight after I read the boys a couple of books, I decided to try to take their picture in front of our Christmas tree.  It is so hard sometimes to get a good picture of these two!

They had to have Willy in the picture
We actually have two more dogs, Willy's parents, but conveniently, they were hiding.

my boys
I think Alex has a Rolo in his mouth in this one ;)

checking out the Christmas tree

Christmas is just around the corner!  It's time to get the last minute gifts and finish wrapping all the presents so we can enjoy next weekend.  I'm off on Friday and Monday before and after Christmas, so I'm looking forward to the short work week next week!

This weekend will fly by quickly!  Saturday we are going to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate the December birthdays with Grammy and Grampy, Aunt Sandi and Uncle William and our friends Michelle and Anna.  Grampy, Anna, Michelle and I all have birthdays in December!  Then on Sunday, we'll have Christmas with Clarence's mother.  It's going to be a nice busy weekend.  Maybe we'll be able to go by the Ice! exhibit at Opryland sometime this weekend... We shall see!

11 days and counting...

1 comment:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

sounds like you had a fantastic birthday!! New cameras are so fun and sometimes overwhelming, right?! I bought a book to learn about mine thinking I'd read while we were on our trip this summer....didn't happen!! Love your blog background!