Saturday, November 24, 2012

give thanks

It's two days after Thanksgiving, but I haven't forgotten what I'm thankful for.  I'll start with what's sitting in my living room right now.  I am thankful for a wonderful, handsome, supportive husband.  He is always the strength I need when I get tired.  He is always the laugh I need when I feel like crying.  He always has the sensible words I need to hear even when I don't want to hear them.  He loves me even when I know I am not very lovable.  He is my rock and my partner for life.  I am so thankful for him.

Next, I am thankful for my two handsome, healthy, smart, funny, irritating and lovable sons.  Children are truly a blessing, and I am so thankful I was given these two for whom to be a mother.  I am thankful that when they are not feeling well that we have a great pediatrician that I can count on to provide the best care for them.  I am thankful that they have great teachers who have the patience it takes to teach children.  I am thankful for their relationships with all of their grandparents who love them.  I am thankful they have many cousins with whom to grow up and make many memories.

I am thankful for my parents.  With so many losses in our family this year, I am especially mindful and thankful that I have both of my parents this Holiday season.  I am thankful that I have two parents that I talk to everyday even though I don't see them enough.  I am thankful for their relationship with our children.  Not having met my own grandfathers, I am thankful that my oldest son has had almost ten years of knowing his grandfather.

I am thankful for the relationships that I have with my husband's family.  I am so grateful for the support they provide when we need it.  It is so relieving to know that we have people who can help care for them. 

I am thankful for the friendships I have.  I am thankful to have ladies to talk with and laugh with.  Sometimes it is the best stress reliever in the world!

I am thankful for an amazing employer that helps me provide for our family.  I am very thankful for an even more amazing supervisor who is truly compassionate and values an even work life balance.

I am thankful for the roof over our heads, the heat and air in our home, the food in our kitchen and the vehicles in our driveway.

A lot of the time, life is very overwhelming, too fast-paced and stressful.  I wish that I would slow down more than once a year to reflect on what I have for which to be truly thankful.

No comments: