Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Already?

This year has absolutely flown by, and I can hardly believe it is December 1st already! In just a few short weeks it will be Christmas and then New Year's. This time of year is so fun for me. I love all the decorating for Christmas, seeing family that we don't make time to see the rest of the year (yep, I said it.), trying to make Christmas special for our boys, and trying to remember to take the time to slow down and actually enjoy everything. Between C's family and mine, it seems like we go non-stop while celebrating the season. Sometimes I let the stress of it all get in the way of enjoying it. Anyway... As I do every year, I put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. Now that Alex has his own tree, I put his up that day also.

A picture of Alex's tree that I took with my phone. Not a great picture, but he is so proud of it!

Our big Christmas tree. Also not a great picture, but I have some pretty new ornaments that I'll have to take better pictures of.
The day before Thanksgiving, Nana asked us to bring the boys to Portrait Innovations in Mt. Juliet on Saturday to have pictures made with the boys' cousins. I knew what to expect... the place would be packed and they wouldn't be on schedule. I knew we would have to wait. What I didn't expect was the complete rudeness of the manager of the place. After we had to wait 30 minutes past our appointment time, the photographer rushed through the 100 pictures that she took. Granted, she had to manage photographing 6 boys all age 7 and under. But, she didn't have to make us feel rushed. As they tried to move us along to view the pictures and place our order, all hell broke loose. First of all, we had a change of clothes for the boys, and the photographer had barely taken any pictures of the boys in those outfits. So, we told the photographer that we wanted to have some more pictures made. The photographer took our request to the manager who proceeded to tell us that they had already taken 100 shots and that should be enough. Nana, Kim (SIL) and myself then proceeded to take turns letting the manager know how displeased we were. The manager threatened to throw Kim out and after we didn't back down, he decided to let us have the shots we wanted. It ended up taking longer to argue with the man than it did for the photographer to take more pictures. Hmm... was it really worth his time to argue with us? Anyway, Nana ended up limiting her order due to her displeasure, and I vowed never to go back there again. It's just not worth the trouble! So, here are some of the best of the pictures that were taken.


My boys in their Christmas PJs from Nana and Pops


All the cousins:
Devin, Donevyn, Isaac, Jaylen, Alex and Camden



my favorite one of my boys



brothers: Camden, age 3 and Jaylen, age 7



Brothers: Donevyn, age 7 and Devin, age 4



Precious



My big boy

No comments: