Wednesday, December 8, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just imagine Julie Andrews singing that song from the Sound of Music... ahh... love that movie. It reminds me so much of my grandmother. I watched it so many times with her. This time of year I find myself remembering all the traditions I used to be a part of and how things are constantly changing. While I love Christmas and everything about it, this Christmas will be different. A few weeks ago my godmother passed away. For me, it was sort of unexpected, just in the sense that I didn't expect her to get so sick so quickly. One of the Christmas traditions that I have been a part of since my birth is the annual Christmas ornament that my godmother and godfather gave me every year. Such a small thing means so much to me now that I am older and have my own children. When I decorated our Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago, I realized that I have 30 years worth of Christmas ornaments and this year I wouldn't have a new one to add to the tree. It makes me sad, but it also makes me thankful for all the wonderful Christmases I have had with my godmother and godfather. When both of our boys were born, my godparents extended their tradition to them too, so the boys have a quite a few ornaments of their own. Here are a few pictures of my most favorite ones.


This is the ornament I got the year Clarence and I bought our house




And this one we got the same year since it was our first Christmas as a married couple


This is one of the boys' ornaments, but still one of my favorites


the 'Joy' ornament is not one from my godparents but still one of my favorites


one of my very favorite, you can't see it all for the tree in the way, but it says 'Godchild' on the ribbon


two more of the boys' ornaments from my godparents




love this one...that's a real miniature bow and ribbon on the dog


love this penguin!
love the expression on the little one's face



Saturday is my birthday, and in true Clarence fashion, he bought me an early birthday cake. He says he likes to celebrate occasions early. Hey, I don't mind...more celebrations is a good thing! :) Isaac helped Clarence pick out the cake at Publix, and I think they did a great job!

my cup of hot chocolate cake :)



so cute and yummy! The perfect size for 4 people!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone is slowing down enough to enjoy this season.

No comments: