Thursday, April 14, 2011

You're how old????

This past Sunday was Isaac's 8th birthday. I say it every year, but where does the time go? Why does it move so quickly? I remember wishing my way through my pregnancy with Isaac, just wishing the time would move quickly to when we would get to meet him. Since he was born, time hasn't slowed down one bit! I remember thinking when he was born what a wonder and amazing creation he is. I was worried about how I was going to take care of him, protect him and teach him. Over the eight years he has been with us, I can say those worries haven't changed. But, now I can say I am proud of how smart he is, how he loves his brother and his family, and how independent he has become. He does most things for himself, and I miss the days of changing his diaper, feeding him and doing things for him. I never thought I would miss those things, but I do. But, I look forward to seeing what the future brings for Isaac. He is an intelligent boy and his future is very bright.

For his birthday, we took Isaac and some friends from school, other friends, and a cousin to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules. He had a great time, and we did too! The movie was pretty good. After the movie we came back to the house to grill hamburgers and hotdogs. After presents we had ice cream and cake too. It was a nice afternoon, and I think all of the boys had a good time.


So, for a trip down memory lane, and to warm a Momma's heart, here are some pictures:


A couple of days after Isaac was born



1st birthday



2nd birthday



3rd birthday



4th birthday



5th birthday



6th birthday



7th birthday



the whole crew outside the movie theatre


(funny how the birthday boy's not even looking at me!)



my big 8 year old


(8 seems like such a big number)



opening his gifts



his birthday cake


(He had to settle for a soccer cake since I couldn't find a Diary of a Wimpy Kid one... :) )


Time, please slow down, or at least remind me to remember every moment. Because like the song says, one day I'm gonna miss this!


No comments: