Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Remembering Them

Well, this week has gone just as I hesitantly expected it would.  My mother's brother, Uncle James, passed away early Monday morning.  His funeral services will be tomorrow.  The most vivid memories I have of him are when he and my cousin, Jen, would come to visit in the summertime.  To me, he seemed like a very intelligent man who had seen and done many things.  He had travelled to places I can't imagine.  Sort of mysterious in a way.  He was a Mason and a Military man.  Two very important and wonderful types of person to be.  I am very thankful for him for if not for him, I would not know my cousin like I do or have the memories that she and I do.  He will be greatly missed.

Clarence's grandmother also passed away, today.  I am not sure when her funeral services will be.  What I remember about her the most is her personality.  She was very kind and loving.  She seemed to enjoy cooking and looked forward to preparing meals for her family.  I remember Christmases at her house.  I remember the home cooked meals.  I remember my favorite meal of hers: goulash.  She will be greatly missed.

I can not imagine the feelings that are being felt right now.  The loss of a father, brother, husband, grandfather.  And the loss of a grandmother, mother.  If I allow myself to dwell on it too long, it can become overbearing.


Uncle James holding grandson, Jake


Nanny and her daughter, Sharon

No comments: