Sunday, March 4, 2012

We haven't slowed down yet!

After my last post, my full intentions were to have a nice normal rest of the week and a slow lazy weekend.  Well, that didn't happen.  Clarence decided not to work on Thursday, and he ended up buying us the new van we had been looking at! 

Friday we had some major storms come through town.  Almost every county surrounding ours closed school early.  Ours did not.  But, my employer let us leave early and I rushed, carefully in our new van, to get the boys and get home.  I was so nervous driving.  The sky looked very eerie.  But, it never rained or hailed on the way home; it was just very windy.

Saturday we went to visit my parents to show them the new van.  After we left their house, we went to Clarence's grandmother's house.  She has been very sick, and hospice care doesn't think she has much time left.

Today, we went back to visit his Grandmother again and took their dog, that we took back when she got sick, to visit them.  She didn't really know who he was, but her husband was so glad to see him.  But before we went over there, I found out that my mother's brother isn't doing well either.  He is in the hospital and the doctors think he doesn't have much time left either.

This weekend has been a whirlwind and filled with a mixture of emotions.  Excitement and sadness all rolled into a couple of days. 

the green machine









No comments: