Tuesday, August 6, 2013

back to school

The boys have started back to school and have now completed their second full day of school.  Isaac is loving middle school.  He went to his first recorder practice this morning before school, and he is so excited about being in the band this year.  He can't play sports at school until the seventh grade, so I'm glad he'll have something to be involved in at school.  He also had his first homework assignment tonight.  It really hit me today how quickly he is growing up.  He is in middle school, with lockers and changing classes and everything.  It seems so much more like high school than I thought it would.  The best part is that he loves it!



Alex still likes second grade.  His teacher is his kindergarten teacher's husband, so he is somewhat familiar with his teacher.  I don't know a whole lot about what he has been doing other than what he has told me.  He says they have been coloring and doing math problems.  So, at this point, that's about all I know.


Heidi is still growing every day and doing well.  She has slept through the night three nights in a row now.  I'm thankful that started when school started, and I hope it continues after I go back to work.  I have three more weeks off including this one, and I'm not really looking forward to going back.  I kind of am just from the perspective of being around adults every day and the pay check of course, but I'm not looking forward to not being with Heidi every day.  I'm also not looking forward to having to pay for her child care.  Child care is expensive.  But, there's nothing we can do about that.  We don't have anyone who will watch her for free! :(  These are the pictures I took for her one month milestone.










No comments: