Friday, October 25, 2013

4 month doctor's visit

Heidi won't actually be four months old until November 1st, but her four month checkup and shots were yesterday.  She was a very happy baby until she got those stinking shots.  Man, did she get mad!  And cried real tears too. :(

Heidi weighs exactly 13 pounds and she measured 24 inches tall.  She is growing great and we got the go ahead from her pediatrician to start her on baby food.  Her first taste will be oatmeal single grain cereal.  I also bought some peas and green beans to try too.  I know better than to start her with fruits because then she won't want to try her veggies.  Her pediatrician also gave us his approval for her to have her ears pierced.  He and I had a good conversation regarding both sides of the subject: doing it now or waiting until she asks for them to be pierced.  Although I understand both perspectives, I'm still leaning towards doing it sooner rather than later.

Just for the sake of comparison - her brothers' stats at 4 months:

Isaac: 16 pounds 2 oz  25 1/2 inches
Alex:  14 pounds 6 oz  24 1/2 inches



sleeping at the doctor's office - waiting to see Dr. Brad


still feeling ok after her shots - until later.  Then she started feeling yucky.


Happy Baby

Alex loves his baby sister!!

Watching Baby Einstein on You Tube since all of the Baby Einstein dvds are packed up (will we ever move?!)

pretty hat


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for another GF's blog and came across your interesting one. When I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to do it early after I dreamed seeing my baby girl with little earrings soon after birth. I discussed with hubby and he was okay with it.

After she was born, and I got her sweet little earrings, but I was on the fence when to do it after seeing her precious, tiny, perfect ears. The idea of piercing this beautiful little babies ears all of the sudden seemed like something I could NOT do. How could I hurt my little baby? However, after seeing more and more babies and little girls with cute little earrings, I began warming up to the idea of doing it as an infant.

Somewhere along the way I became one of those mamas who became all googly-eyed over other babies who had pierced ears saying how adorable they were. One day I put my large CZ studs in and held hers up to her ears in front
of the mirror. She smiled and I knew it was time at three months.

I asked our ped and she encouraged me to go ahead and do it after her first DTP shot saying it was best when mommy could care for them during the healing period. She said if they cry, its because of being restrained or the noise of the piercing instrument near their ears, not any real pain. Also, she recommended Piercing Pagoda and gave me some tips for moms having their dd’s ears pierced. They included how to find the right person, where to take her and some OTC meds to minimize any discomfort. She did great.

I had our dd pierced with some CZ’s in about the same size as my diamond earrings. She looked adorable and I had so many compliments on sweet little earrings. I knew that I had made the right decision.

If you or any other moms on the fence and need some info, then drop me an e-mail if you would like our ped’s recommendations.

amyswor1765@gmail.com