Wednesday, October 9, 2013

miss personality

Heidi turned three months old on October 1st. She has grown so much and has developed such a big personality.  I learned with my first two children not to wish away the time, because it passes so much more quickly than we realize.  Heidi is doing great in daycare, and her teachers love her.  It is so comforting to leave her every day with teachers I know are taking care of her and love doing it.  Things have changed since Isaac and Alex were in daycare.  Heidi's teacher will send me text messages during the day with comments about how Heidi is doing, and sometimes she'll even send pictures.  I love it!  On the day Heidi turned three months old, her teacher sent me a text to tell me that Heidi rolled over for the first time that day.  Heidi has made some other transitions recently too.  She is now drinking six ounces five times a day.  She continues to be a great sleeper.  Her typical routine is bottles at 6:00 or 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 6:00 pm and 9:00 or 10:00 pm.  I started swaddling her in a swaddle blanket with her arms out, and she sleeps all night without so much as a whimper.  It's great!  Before that, she would startle herself some mornings and wake up around 3:00 and then have to have her paci to go back to sleep.  So, using the swaddle blanket has helped alot for a good full night's sleep.  Sometimes Heidi resorts to sucking her thumb when she is ready to go to sleep, so we have been battling that with giving her her paci as soon as we see her sucking her thumb (or fingers).  I am not sure how much Heidi weighs or how long she is right now, but we will find out when she goes back for her four month check up at the end of the month.  I look forward to finding out her pediatrician's thoughts on baby food and ear piercing.  I hope to get the go ahead to start Heidi on cereal and baby food.  Also, I want to know her Dr.'s thoughts on infant ear piercing and the best place and way to go about doing it, if he thinks it's ok.
"If you take my picture one more time..."

Always such a happy baby!

I was trying to take a sweet picture, and this was the face she gave me!


She was smiling at Isaac here

So happy just a swinging


Snoozing good in her swaddle blanket

Couldn't find the paci, so she made her fingers work


I guess her paci just didn't cut it this time

And here are just some random pictures I posted to Instagram

falling asleep mid drawing

I'm thinking Isaac's room must have been too cold

Alex's 2nd lost tooth in a short time.  He is officially a jack-o-lantern, just in time for Halloween!

My cutie cheering on the Chicago Bears!


No comments: