Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Memphis Zoo

This weekend the boys, Clarence and I went to visit Selmer, TN and the Memphis Zoo. We drove to Selmer on Saturday. We visited some of Clarence's family that evening and spent the night in Selmer. Then, on Sunday morning we drove to Memphis so we could see the Zoo. The boys had a great time. Alex was so excited to see the Lions and Tigers. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. I took a lot, so I will plan to post them on my Shutterfly site sometime over the weekend. That site is http://www.millermemories.shutterfly.com/. But for now, check these out...







A pretty building that I just had to take a picture of



Lucas, Alex and Isaac

Clarence showing Alex where the tiger exhibit is on the map. That's what Alex was looking forward to most. Can you tell by the grin on his face?

Alex looking at the penguins

Alex wanted so badly to pet a lion, and Clarence told him that he didn't think he would be able to. Well, little did we know, they had this! It is from a lion that lived at the Memphis Zoo for a long time and died there a few years ago. Alex was hesitant at first, but finally touched it.

Alex ROARING like a lion

One of Alex's favorites









1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like yall had fun! How cool is the lion's head? Hey I wanted to ask where you put your kids in daycare. My mom said you and Kelli go to the same place. Where is it? How much does it cost? How do they deal with babies there? You can email me at k8tycoz@comcast.net. Thanks! Hope your doing well!