Friday, September 24, 2010

Fed Up Friday

So, tonight I was supposed to go out to dinner with my girls. The Cheesecake Factory was our destination. I picked Alex up from daycare anAlign Centerd made it home in plenty of time to make it to dinner on time. Then all hell broke loose.

I knew when I left home this morning that something was wrong with our water heater. Clarence said that it was leaking all over the garage and that I need to go ahead and get up (at 5:45 - way before I usually get up!) and take a shower so he could turn the water off. So, I did. But, I didn't really think about it for the rest of the day.

Then, when I got home tonight, he informed me that the water heater needed to be replaced. Great! He didn't have to say it... I knew what was coming... I was not going to be able to make it to dinner! I understand; it would be really difficult to replace the water heater and watch these two...

So now I'm sitting at home watching CSI-NY and waiting for Clarence to get back from his second trip to Lowe's... Oh the exciting life of a wife and mother! No matter how crazy it gets, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

By the way, the girls didn't go to dinner without me! Apparently the wait was over an hour, and I guess it just wouldn't be the same without me... I'd like to think so anyway! :)

No comments: