Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Independence Day

June was a whirlwind month for us between vacation and everything else going on.  Although my mother and I went to the Kenny Chesney Tim McGraw Brothers of the Sun concert the weekend before her birthday, we didn't plan to do anything special for her birthday.  At the last minute, I decided that we were going to surprise her and show up for dinner on her birthday. I had let my daddy know so he could have enough dinner for all of us, but I wasn't going to tell my mother.  Well, she and I emailed earlier in the day and when she told me she was having a not-so-good day, I decided to go ahead and tell her that we were coming for dinner.  I think she liked my surprise.


at Brothers of the Sun concert

at LP Field in the scorching heat

Happy Birthday Granny!


The Saturday after my mother's birthday was my nephew, Jay's birthday.  He had a party planned for his birthday, but then he ended up getting really sick.  The party was postponed, but since he was feeling much better on his actual birthday, and a cake had been ordered, just a few of us got together to celebrate on his actual birthday.

the day before this picture was taken, Jay was very sick.  It is amazing how quickly children recover.

his 4th of July themed cake

he had cake and ice cream with his cousins

On the 4th of July this year, we really wanted to go to Holiday World with Nana and the boys' cousins.  But, since we had to work on the 5th, we decided it would be too much to try to make that trip and work the next day.  So, we took the boys to the Adventure Science Center instead.  We also had my parents over for grilled hamburgers, but I didn't think to take any pictures.





We are only 11 days into July, and the boys will start back to school 3 short weeks from today.  The summer is flying by as time always does!

No comments: