Monday, July 30, 2012

disappointed

That's just the beginning to how I feel right now.  I am so disappointed.  Angry.  Frustrated.  Defeated.  Relieved even.  Alex refused to get dressed for football practice today.  C and I decided as much as we were excited and wanted Alex to play football and finish what he started, we just don't have it in us to physically make him play when he doesn't want to.  I know we should teach him a lesson about finishing what you start, and make him play, but if he's not going to practice, he could really get hurt trying to play a game.  I don't know how he would have handled practicing football three nights a week and kept up with his school work either.  So, for now, I am a bit relieved that he decided now, and not half way into the season, that he's not going to play football.  But, I hope that he realizes that he's not going to play any sports any time soon.  I am still so angry because I told him what kind of commitment it would be, and he still said he wanted to play.  And now, one week later, he is a quitter.  Right or wrong, we told him so.  He is a quitter.  And I want him to remember how disappointed he made us.  We invested a lot of money in him playing football, and thankfully we did get some of it back.  Alex will learn a lesson from this.  It may not be finishing what you start, but he will learn something.  I'll be sure of that.

No comments: