Thursday, April 8, 2010

Our Easter Weekend

When I was taking pictures off my camera, I realized that I never posted these pictures from March. My intention was to post them on St. Patrick's Day, but that didn't happen. So here's one of Isaac...

And one of Alex...

both in their green shirts

This is a random picture I took this weekend that I thought was really cute!

So, Clarence and Isaac were out of school on Friday due to Good Friday. I worked part of the day, and then we took the boys to see How To Train Your Dragon in 3D on the IMAX screen. They loved it! Clarence and I enjoyed it too; it was a great movie.

Alex and Isaac in their 3D glasses

After the movie, we took the boys over to Clarence's aunt and uncle's house to spend the night so Clarence and I could have some Mommy and Daddy alone time. We had originally planned to take a short trip somewhere on Friday and Saturday, but then decided we shouldn't miss Isaac's soccer game on Saturday. So, we decided to go to the Melting Pot for dinner. It was fantastic! It had been 10 years since the last time we had been! What?! We've known each other THAT long?! Yep.... since December 1997! So, here are a couple of silly pictures of us at the Melting Pot.

Waiting to cook our main course

Then, on Sunday the Easter Bunny came to our house! Here are a couple of pictures of the boys' Easter baskets.

Isaac's: Star Wars umbrella, How To Train Your Dragon book, a new Bakugan. Reeses pieces, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and M&Ms

Alex's: A Buzz Lightyear umbrella, How To Train Your Dragon book, a new Bakugan, Reeses pieces, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and M&Ms
Oh, and not in their Easter baskets, but also from the Easter bunny, were matching pillows and throws also from the movie How To Train Your Dragon. Yes, we really liked the movie!
After the Easter Bunny came we spent the afternoon with Clarence's side of the family and my parents. We gathered at Sandi and William's house to grill and for an egg hunt. The boys had a great time!

Isaac hunting for eggs

Alex hunting for eggs


I hope everyone has been enjoying this wonderful weather! I know we have! My mind has been consumed the past few days with the thoughts that my oldest, Isaac, will be turning SEVEN YEARS OLD in a couple of days. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I say that every year, but it's true! This time 7 years ago I was on bedrest and wondering when my first new baby boy was going to join us. I remember the nervousness, worry, joy, excitement and love I was feeling then, and the weird thing is that I didn't expect was that I would still feel all those emotions seven years later. I guess those emotions just go with being a mother, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

So, stay tuned for pictures from Isaac's 7th birthday...it's this Saturday!

No comments: