Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Great Flood of May 1, 2010

I have never seen it flood like this! I've always heard about it, but never really seen it with my own eyes. We have had inches and inches of rain today! I'm not really sure how many, and they are still forecasting a 100% chance of rain tomorrow. This is CRAZY! Here are some pictures I took today as we tried to get home from West Nashville. We live in Antioch, so our main way to get home... I-24 was closed due to the flooding. We took a very round about way to get home, and encountered a few other streets that we decided we would have to bypass.

a road near the fairgrounds

one of the parking lots at the fairgrounds on the Nolensville Road side



Nolensville Road

the sky as we were driving from our house to Providence... a little hope of sunshine through all the rain and clouds

No comments: