Friday, May 21, 2010

This week in review...

So, my week started out a little on the stressful side. Monday was a little rough because on the way to taking Alex to school he informed me that we forgot his blanket for naptime. He was very upset! I just assumed that he was correct and that we needed to figure something out. So, being a good Mommy, I frantically and immediately started thinking of a way to remedy the situation. So, I decided since we got his other 'school blanket' at Walmart that I would try to stop there on the way to school. I figured that would be faster than going back home to get the other one. So, I stopped at the 'closest' Walmart (there aren't really any close). We ran in the store as quickly as possible and thankfully he found one that he would be happy with and it was only $4. So, at this point, everyone was happy. Momma had saved the day, and we were on our way! THEN, when we got back to the car and I was putting my purse down in the passenger seat... I noticed something BLUE underneath the bag that I carry to work everyday. HMMM... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It was Alex's blanket that I didn't think we had! I was so mad! I was now going to be a few minutes late for work FOR NO GOOD REASON!

Thankfully the rest of my week went uphill not downhill. Clarence finished school on Tuesday and finished the work on his truck on Wednesday and is now sort of hanging out while he waits to start working when we get back from Florida. He doesn't actually have a job yet, but he will when we get back, right?! I have been trying not to stress too much about it because I know he is very talented and a hard worker. Any company would be glad to have him! He does have some good prospects, so I hope one of them works out. We have posted his resume on Monster.com, and his resume has been sent from the school to potential employers as well. I think he is planning to go around to the different shops to talk to them in person next week as well to get his name and face out there. Hopefully he can get something lined up before we go on vacation.




Speaking of vacation... I am really starting to look forward to our trip! We haven't been to the beach in 4 years! We used to go every year, but we just haven't been able to lately. Thanks to my wonderful parents, the boys will get the trip to the beach that they have been asking for since last summer. Alex has only been once when he was a baby and doesn't remember it. So, I am looking forward to his reaction. I am also looking forward to spending time with my little family and my parents for a few days. Things seem so busy all the time; it is going to be nice to take a break!




So as to not post without any pictures, here are pictures of Clarence's final project from school. (It wasn't required, just something he has been wanting to do) His newly painted truck... Didn't he do a GREAT job!? He is still waiting for someone to pinstripe it for him, but I think it looks great!

the whole truck used to be silver, but he repainted the silver and added the blue to the top

I used to have a Sequoia this same color blue... I miss it sometimes ;(

No comments: