Thursday, June 14, 2012

29 hours

Today is turning out to be the toughest since Isaac left for Florida.  He left a week ago today, and I think his time away from home is wearing on us all.  Alex didn't want to get up this morning nor did he want to go to Fun Company.  That's not unusual for Alex, especially when he's tired.  But he admitted yesterday that he misses his brother.

I have been missing Isaac, but it has been easier dealing with it by reminding myself that he's having a great time.  Well, this morning when I called to talk to him, he told me that he hasn't wanted to go swimming because he doesn't feel good.  I asked him what was wrong, and he said that he had been coughing a lot.  So, I told him to ask Nana for some medicine.  When I talked to her, she said that she didn't think he was really sick; he doesn't have a fever and when he coughed it sounded like a fake one (I know he's good at that. :) ).  She said she thought he was just home sick.  She said he doesn't seem sick when they're out doing something like go-carts, eating dinner, shopping... :) I can believe that since he's been away from home for a week now.  But, it doesn't make the next day and a half go by any faster or easier.  I can. not. wait. to get on the road to get to him!  But, thankfully, I have so much work to do that I can't leave before tomorrow afternoon.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to talk myself into waiting until tomorrow to leave.  I even checked on a flight to get to him quicker, but I'm not sure I could spend $259 just to get to him a few hours quicker...

So now, I'm officially counting down the hours...29 hours and counting...

I took this picture last night while I was watching Dallas. A pretty good show by the way...
29 hours... :)

No comments: