Saturday, June 2, 2012

Road Trip - Part Two

On the second day of our trip to St. Louis, we took the boys to the Saint Louis Zoo.  My camera battery died just after I took the pictures at the Basilica, and I didn't have my charger to recharge it.  So, all of the pictures I took on Sunday at the Zoo were with my phone.  C took pictures with his camera, but he hasn't downloaded all of them yet. 






Penguins are Alex and my favorite!




After we left the zoo, we took a slight detour on the way home to eat at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, Missouri.  We had to wait a while, but the food was great!  It is the Home of the Throwed Roll, and they were so good!  You can order from the menu, and then they have passarounds in addition to the rolls.  When you want a roll, all you do is raise your hand and they'll throw one to you.  For the passarounds they walk around and serve them for you.  They were serving fried okra, black eyed peas and fried potatoes.  I'm not sure if there were other things since those are the only three I saw.  The okra was excellent!  It was definitely worth another trip.  The boys want to go back to St. Louis, so we'll have to be sure and stop there again when we head to STL.


No comments: